Lumpia originated from China. The Chinese people brought lumpia to other places in Asia and from then on it started to evolve and variations came out. There are may ways to prepare lumpia, but for this post I'll show you how we make our Fried Lumpia.
|About to be Deep-fried Goodies|
|Carrots and Mongo Sprouts|
- lumpia wrapper
- ground pork
- mongo sprouts
- bell pepper
- Saute garlic and onion until cooked.
- Add the ground pork.
- After few minutes, add the mongo sprouts, carrots and bell peppers.
- Cook for few minutes then add salt, vetsin and pepper.
- Turn off the heat if its almost cooked.
- Transfer the sauteed filling to any container.
- Get a scoop of filling and place it on top of the lumpia wrapper.
- Fold one end of the lumpia wrapper over the filling, then fold the other end over the other in order to cover the filling very well. Roll wrapper.
- Apply a little amount of water to the end of wrapper to seal it.
- Wrap the rest of the ingredients in the same manner and prepare them for frying.
- Deep-fry the wrapped lumpia and place on the stainer when cooked to remove excessed oil.
- DONE! Serve hot, and it is usually accompanied with vinegar or sauce dip.
|Wrapping the Filling|